• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Cardboard Heart - A Short Film

i think it was pretty cool..the concept was different..i think the one thing that would've made it just a bit better would've been to design a better cardboard head..the cinematography was dope it just seemed like his head was a little lackluster..maybe had 3 or 4 different heads ready that express different emotion? i dunno but all in all i think it was cool

I thought this was beautifully done, and a somewhat comedic yet accurate approach on what it means to be a (lonely) human. The concept of the robot works really well with the scenes and the music chosen. It wouldn't have been nearly as interesting to watch a regular person do all those things, but watching an unknown entity in those sad and familiar moments was enough to invoke both happyness and sadness. My favorite part was probably the projector scene, the expressive transparent image of the human face contrasting over the crudely drawn, vacant cardboard expression with the soundtrack struck an emotional chord.

My only suggestion would be that, while I really think the hand-held footage was very fitting and necessary for most of the short, I think a couple of scenes in there could have used a tripod or some form of stabilization (like the scenes of him sitting at the table). My one and only piece of constructive criticism. Otherwise, bravo! :)

What did you shoot with?

Interesting camera work.
Not straight shaky-cam, more like a wandering jittery-cam effect.
The wandering was fine. The jittery part was irksome.

Too many underexposed shots.

The story... is what it is.
Woulda been nice to have a point other than "there is no other point than just a lonely day for a robot."
Oh. Okay. :)

If the robot is still available (:rolleyes:) shoot it again with better lighting and a steadier hand or on a mono/tripod or something to rid that blasted jitter.

GL!

Music carried the story, BTW.

I agree with Ray, the music really did carry the video.

I was surprised that I enjoyed the jittery camera work. I felt like it fit with the overall mood.

Hey guys, I'm stoked that you enjoyed the film so much I really wasn't expecting all the positive feedback! Thanks so much! By the way, Dahl, I believe you asked what it was shot with, I used the black magic cinema camera with a 50mm prime lens. Thanks again!

Back