• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Can't do video transitions in FCP

Hi, thanks for all the problems you guys/gals have helped me out with in the past. Right now I'm really stuck because my FCP won't do video or audio transitions. When I try to add one a thing pops up saying "insufficent content for edit." I'm using clips that are over 30 seconds long and it still says "insufficient content for edit." I've gotten video and audio filters to work but I can't get the transitions. Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Handles?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by handles. I have found that if I cut off a frame or two at the beginning/end of both clips I can add a very short transition, but I can't make it longer.

Thar be handles missin', yarr!
smiley_piratriot.gif

Let's say you want to make a one second transition. That covers 30 frames of video.

Applied equally, that means the transition will need 15 frames from both clips.

If you are using the absolute full length of a video clip (with no frames to spare at the end of clip-1, and no frames to spare at the start of clip-2) you will get an error message.

You'll need to trim your clips to make the needed frames available for the transition to use.

:)

Back