Canon XA30

Ok so when I had decided to get a Canon XA20 for my micro-budget documentary I just read about Canon releasing the XA30! Has anyone heard about the announcement? On B&H is only 100 dollars more expensive than the XA20 and probably I am being victim of marketing, but not getting the "new toy" , which fixes some problems of the old one just to save 100$ is psychologically annoying lol, do you think the XA30 is worth? Or better remaining with something more tested like the XA20?

New stuff in the XA30 (source: canon usa)

- Newly developed CMOS sensor

- Featuring enhanced light-condensing efficiency, the new sensor makes possible an S/N ratio that has been improved by 3 dB and an approximately 40 percent reduction in noise compared with the XA20.

- 2 new video recording modes: Highlight Priority, which facilitates the faithful expression of tonal gradations, colors and sharpness in the mid- to high-brightness range; and Wide DR, which delivers an expanded dynamic range. The new Highlight Priority video recording mode makes possible the faithful imaging expression of visual characteristics that would otherwise be lost due to video compression.

- New Wide DR mode achieves a dynamic range that has been expanded to 600 percent from the predecessor’s 300 percent. The mode minimizes the occurrence of under- and over-exposed areas while making possible video with smooth color gradations.

- New slow (0.4x) and fast (up to 1200x) recording modes accessible through a 3.5-inch OLED touch panel. Both the OLED display and the EVF have peaking for focus assist, brightness and gamma adjustments, and optional zebra, color bard and test tone.

- Wireless options include FTP for 3 Mbps MP4 video files over 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz band wireless as well as remote control via web browser or mobile device.

Back