Canon t4i

Anyone have expereience with this? I bought it for use in my "Day job" as a photographer and was very impressed with its film mode.

i have the t3i and love it, easy to learn with decent price point, i imagine the touch screen controls on the t4i are nice, i would love to have it on my t3i less jerking and easy access controls etc..

Just a heads up for anyone who knows that they want to get a new T4i or a T3i. Looks like B&H is have a significant sale on both cameras this week. Not an earthshaking discount, but not insignificant either, I'm guessing. So, unless you're waiting for one of those earthshaking drops that the sellers sometimes have... =)

Oops, sorry. Maybe that only shows up if you're on their mailing list. Get on their mailing list. ;)

Last edited:
Anyone have expereience with this? I bought it for use in my "Day job" as a photographer and was very impressed with its film mode.

I feel like we need to bronze this post. Because it so honestly, and perfectly, encapsulates the question of using a DSLR as a filmmaking camera.

Yes, Mr. Gillis, the film mode is badass. But it's still a photographer's camera. A true filmmakers' camera is much more expensive, and that is why DSLR and EVIL cameras have rightfully become the rage of ultra-low-budget filmmakers.

My trusty T2i has treated me well. It's got both practical and sentimental value, but I can't wait to abandon it. :)

I feel like we need to bronze this post. Because it so honestly, and perfectly, encapsulates the question of using a DSLR as a filmmaking camera.

Yes, Mr. Gillis, the film mode is badass. But it's still a photographer's camera. A true filmmakers' camera is much more expensive, and that is why DSLR and EVIL cameras have rightfully become the rage of ultra-low-budget filmmakers.

My trusty T2i has treated me well. It's got both practical and sentimental value, but I can't wait to abandon it. :)

Thanks, That was kinda the point I was making in my original post. I'm used to working with 35mm and even Super16 when it coems to making films.

Here! here! I feel the same way. I am a product of the DSLR revolution and it's safe to say that without DSLR's I probably wouldn't have gotten into videography. I've learned a lot using my T2i, ALOT, but I can't wait to abandon it like the Titanic. It's true it helped me grow, it was a great starting point but I can't wait to move to a real camera soon. Something to help me with the next step, something a little more and with less restrictions.

Here! here! I feel the same way. I am a product of the DSLR revolution and it's safe to say that without DSLR's I probably wouldn't have gotten into videography. I've learned a lot using my T2i, ALOT, but I can't wait to abandon it like the Titanic. It's true it helped me grow, it was a great starting point but I can't wait to move to a real camera soon. Something to help me with the next step, something a little more and with less restrictions.

Sorry for the late reply... Thanks everyone for the advice!

Back