• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Canon T3i Rendering Issues :/

Hello Peoples!

I'm a content creator at Youtube, which means I earn revenue from the videos I post and I recently purchased the Canon Kiss X5 (Canon T3i) - I wanted to improve the quality of my videos for my viewers so I shot a video where I discuss my purchase of the new camera and exported it in Adobe Premiere CS5.5 and I noticed a drastic change in quality.

The video was shot in 720p 60FPS I have included screenshot of both the original (on the right) and the rendered/exported version (on the left) side by side.

jkLVt.png

The original (on the right)

Appears to be of much higher quality, and I would like to retain this quality but I need to edit the video for obvious reasons.

The rendered/exported (w.e you call it on the left) is clearly a lot lower in quality and I do not want this.

I exported the video with the H.264 format and the import settings on Adobe Premiere CS5.5 used Digital SLR - 720 - DSLR 720P 60 so I have used the correct import settings as far as I can tell and even on the preview section while editing it appears to be the same quality as the original footage - its not until i export that I lose the quality greatly. What can I do if anything to fix this?

Make sure you are rendering at a high bitrate (20 mb/sec), check render at maximum depth and use maximum render quality
You should be recording at 1080p not 720p by the way....

Hope it helps

compression does that.

Try rendering quicktime animation. You'll probably not be able to PLAY it back, but it will have the best quality image. Anything less is a trade off of compression vs quality.

normally, I render quicktime in photo jpeg. I then use handbrake (set to 10,000KBPS) to encode my h264 versions for upload to the net. This seems to get me the best results for final uploaded files as well as good looking videos to play on my HD monitor.

compression does that.

Try rendering quicktime animation. You'll probably not be able to PLAY it back, but it will have the best quality image. Anything less is a trade off of compression vs quality.

normally, I render quicktime in photo jpeg. I then use handbrake (set to 10,000KBPS) to encode my h264 versions for upload to the net. This seems to get me the best results for final uploaded files as well as good looking videos to play on my HD monitor.

Why quicktime to photo jpeg and then encode to h.264? Why not quicktime directly to h.264?

because the h264 in handbrake is better implemented then in quicklime, at least that's my feeling. If you have a MAC you can actually replace the Premiere h264 encoder with the handbrake one.!

But more importantly, its a practical thing. I want a high quality master, that I can quickly rip lower quality copies from. I can do a very low bit rate encode for my phone, another encode for vimeo with different settings one for youtube, sometimes I encode a smaller SIZE video for use in my DAW for audio mixing.

Back