Canon HG10

I am currently starting to get into the film scene. Doing research and have been reading on this website for the past week and a bit. I am looking for information into this Camera and if it is a good low budget camera for someone who is getting into the field, and is interested in a low cost starter camera.

~Thanato

I've only heard great things about this camera so far, i've been in the market for an HD camera for a while now. I'd consider looking at the HG20 as well, the newer version of the HG10. You can find them at a relatively cheap price and they shoot amazing quality video

I've got an HG 10, and I've only had a couple of real problems with it. My first problem is the lack of autofocus. I didn't think this would be a big deal until I tried to film things at a distance. It kinda sucks for that sort of work. The battery life is kinda sad, too, but I just bought a couple of knockoff brand batteries on amazon and problem solved.

Good camera, relatively cheap. Fun to have around the house and record random things on.

Back