Canon 550D or 7D

Hello there,

I am very, very new to the whole film making area, and given that, thought I should get out there are shoot some stuff - you only learn by your mistakes right? In terms of future investments, I just wanted some opinions on the 550D v.s 7D - what you think of both of them and whether it's the right investment to make with either of them. Although they're relatively cheap, I'm only a poor student, so a camera like that would be a massive buy for me!

Thanks for any help!

Jennie

:) Cheers.

Tone is so hard to judge in text. You have to admit, as I think you did, that what you said about my being an actor, can easily be misinterpreted as belittling. One of my pet peeves is when people assume my skill sets or judge me because I'm labeled an actor. It happens a lot, and it certainly came-across that way in your post. Perhaps I've gone a little overboard, and it's my fault in misinterpreting, and I apologize.

You've made it clear that is not really how you intended it...so that's cool. No big deal. Akuna matada. Just to be clear, the term 'ignorant' does not mean stupid...which I'm sure you're not based on the stable of ten-dollar words you use in your post (sorry, I couldn't help one last jab in jest). :)

I'm not on these forums to wave my prick around and act like a know-it-all. I'm here to share my opinions and thoughts...as well as share my projects. I'm also here to view all of your projects, and not only learn from them, but be inspired...and also to offer up my (sometimes brutal) honesty. I'm not here to start fights or troll.

And lastly...it's all:
bridge.jpg

Last edited:
Well Im taking the T2i dip meself. Im waiting on a T2i and got a mess of prime lenses to go with it. Got me a 24 f2.0, a 50 1.8 , a 90 2.5, and a 135 2.5.

Can't wait to get busy playing !!

Sorry couldn't get back to this sooner, been pretty busy. In a good way though. :D

Hehe. I love your passion on this subject. Makes me want to work with you. That's a very well-written post, many good points.

P.S. The Bay Area is a place that I actually visit, every so often (went to school in Palo Alto, best friend lives in San Jose, formerly SFC).

Wow, thanks dude. That's quite the compliment!

PM me if you head out this way, at the least we should grab a drink or something.

Tone is so hard to judge in text. You have to admit, as I think you did, that what you said about my being an actor, can easily be misinterpreted as belittling. One of my pet peeves is when people assume my skill sets or judge me because I'm labeled an actor. It happens a lot, and it certainly came-across that way in your post. Perhaps I've gone a little overboard, and it's my fault in misinterpreting, and I apologize.

No worries, I'm bad with words so it takes me 5 times as many as would someone else to impart the same info. :D I was pretty confident I understood what that was about. See it all the time on sets, unfortunate really.

Well Im taking the T2i dip meself. Im waiting on a T2i and got a mess of prime lenses to go with it. Got me a 24 f2.0, a 50 1.8 , a 90 2.5, and a 135 2.5.

Can't wait to get busy playing !!

And a happy ending after all! :D

Back