Can an HDD of 5400rpm handle avchd video editing?

The RPM definitely influences the edit. Considering how inexpensive hard drives are, I don't recommend anything less than 7200RPM.

Also, wouldn't the direct connection of an internal hard drive be faster than the USB2 connection for an external?

Personally, I think external is best only for backup, and internal is what you edit on. You can get a TB for less than $100, and I don't think they even make 5400RPM internal drives any more. Of course I have no clue how easy or difficult it is for you to get stuff shipped to you, in Bangladesh.

Thanks a bunch man, I'll definitely get the internal one. And yes, shipping is a bitch, my only solution is my friend who lives in the US and will be coming back here on June. He told me last night that most of the ne laptops are launched on August(by then he'll be here), is that really true(He tends to fake confidence sometimes)? I only have one shot at this so I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about what I exactly need for the editing. Another concern is the heating issue, I haven't really found someone who is editing HD professionally on laptops (and I'll be working on a 1 hour film and we'll also be putting in animation within the live action as well, sorta like in Kill Bill not Transformers) but I'm hopeful that a cooling pad will be sufficient. So any idea on the cooling issue? The websites seem to be a bit hush-hush about the cooling system while working on heavy , any heads up on it would be very helpful.

Back