Camera

Hi everybody! What is a really good but inexpensive digital movie camera to start out with? Maybe something I can get on ebay used?

"Good" and "inexpensive" are fairly subjective terms, but I'll throw out some suggestions.

The Canon T2i can be had in an "all-you-need-to-get-started" kit for around $500-$600 on eBay. That's a great starter camera if you're serious about filmmaking. Keep in mind that you'll need a separate sound rig though, since it's a DSLR camera.

If you want something more traditional that also sports sound, you can find the Canon HV-20 camcorder on eBay for $350-$500 as a refurb or used.

If you're not sure if you want to get that serious and you're just looking to goof around with your friends, I'd just go with any number of the flip camcorders out there for under $100.

Good luck!

I recommend the canon hv20 too, though I use the more latest model hv30. It is a little bit more expensive, but it works really well. It probably depends on how serious you are. I used it as my entry level, now I use a Sony z1

Back