Camera warped, any advice? here is a VIDEO

Camera giving me a warped look.

Not to sure what's up with it, maybe someone can shed some light on this topic. my camera (Canon VIXA HF G10) is giving me a warped looking affect whenever I am doing a straight on shot.

For example, say I am shooting a desk right from the front, straight on, well what seems to be happening is that instead of the desk's edges being straight because I am shooting straight forward, they seem to be giving me a warped affect, either warping in or out.

I have all my settings on manual and am confused as to why this is happening, the actors are fine but i don't get it. Any idea's I am lost.

Need more information and screen shots I'd say before anyone can really help you out.

Manual settings, lenses, etc. Could also be a damaged sensor?

You're zoomed out aren't you? ;)

Distortion is not uncommon at wide focal lengths - it's just a phenomenon inherently present. Zoom in and check it out. If you notice, it gradually gets better as you zoom in. Which also explains why you haven't noticed it on your actors, as you're generally going to be relatively zoomed in on them.

Mr Pink I suspected as much when I read the original thread with what Jax said.

There is no problem with your camera. At 18mm it's common to see a small amount of distortion

You're zoomed out aren't you? ;)

Distortion is not uncommon at wide focal lengths - it's just a phenomenon inherently present. Zoom in and check it out. If you notice, it gradually gets better as you zoom in. Which also explains why you haven't noticed it on your actors, as you're generally going to be relatively zoomed in on them.

Back