Camera shoot checklist

Please help me prepare a Camera Checklist for shooting. One for each style of Camera..ie Sony, Cannaon and PAnasonic AG DVX 100. This should be a check list that one can go through before one is about to press the record button on a Mini DV Camera. :)

1. Make sure you have a white ballance sheet with you.
2. Make sure you have a on camera light or a light to get the
sparkle in the eye of the actor. :idea:
3. Measuring Tape to get the distance for focus

The list should consider all essentials like light meter, aprature setting,check if tape in, and its cued right,any other settings that can ruin a good shoot. This should become a bible for the Videographer. :D
Once I get every one's input I will combine them and make a comprehensive list and post them for all different type Video Cameras.
Let the suggestions flow-in.

BFLAT

This isn't really for video cameras, but I've often said it in my mind before rolling:
B-FLAT

Battery - charged, plugged in, not about to die
Focus - image is in focus, focus marks are set and ready to be followed
Level - the camera\tripod\image is level
Aperture - the iris\exposure is set
Tachometer - the camera is set at the right speed\is running at the correct
speed

Then, always Check the Gate.
Sometimes I add an "S" at the end, because I often work with different Shutter angles....

I think there are some other pnemonic devices, but I can't remember them right now. Anyway, if your checklist is too long or complicated, then no one will have the time to go through it on set. You could come up with twenty five items to check everytime you want to roll the camera, but that's impractical, isn't it?

-Graham

B-Flat is cool. Let's see if I can think of some more.

Slate - Is the take slated?

Audio - Is sound rolling, do they have a level, and does the boom man have a line to be sure he's not going to dip into the shot?

Roll - Do you have enough film or tape left for the take?

Cues - Does everyone know what they're doing and when they are doing it?

Filter - Do you have the right filters in?

Hmmm, no vowels. Exposure...check your exposure again! Then you could get farces. B-flat farces.

Oh yeah, Post Roll - For MiniDV, roll 5 seconds before cutting so that when you look back at the take, you can stop tape before there is a gap in the timecode. But the "P" totally messes up the spelling.

Back