• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Camera Setting Question

So I'm planning on starting shooting on my short film in about a week. I own a Cannon T2i, and I've been trying to decide what settings to shoot in. I've heard good things about the Cinestyle profile, but I'm having a hard time getting the LUT buddy to work in Premiere.

Basically my question is, what profile and settings do you reccomend for me to have the easiest possible edit? I'm not going to be doing too much color grading, if I do it'll be just a hint.

Thanks for the advice!

EDIT: Also, do you have workflow suggestions? My plan was: Shoot ->Transcode->Edit -> Color Correction-> Done. Any thoughts?

So I'm planning on starting shooting on my short film in about a week. I own a Cannon T2i, and I've been trying to decide what settings to shoot in. I've heard good things about the Cinestyle profile, but I'm having a hard time getting the LUT buddy to work in Premiere.

Basically my question is, what profile and settings do you reccomend for me to have the easiest possible edit? I'm not going to be doing too much color grading, if I do it'll be just a hint.

Thanks for the advice!

EDIT: Also, do you have workflow suggestions? My plan was: Shoot ->Transcode->Edit -> Color Correction-> Done. Any thoughts?

Who's doing sound on location and post?

Cool! You're in my league of trying to get away with that. It works, but not well. Are you totally up with nesting sequences? That's the next stop on the curve.

I'm sorry I've actually never heard of or used nesting sequences. I've used Final Cut Express for past projects, I'm upgrading to Premiere Pro for this one. I was kind of planning on teaching myself as I went along lol.

He means (I think) to not put all of your film into one long sequence. Edit scenes as sequences (or whatever breakdown makes sense to you) and then place those sequences within another sequence that serves as your master timeline.

I bet there's more to it than that though. :D

He means (I think) to not put all of your film into one long sequence. Edit scenes as sequences (or whatever breakdown makes sense to you) and then place those sequences within another sequence that serves as your master timeline.

I bet there's more to it than that though. :D

That seem's to be what Google says a nesting sequence is to haha.

I was actually wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a codec to use? I was going from h.264 to apple intermediate codec to edit in FCE but I was wondering if I should use something else from Premiere/Aftereffects?

No replies?

I've been experimenting with a couple different codecs in premiere, but they all seem to be choppy?

Any recommendations for what I should do? I'd really like to be able to edit in Premiere Pro without choppy scrubbing.

No replies?

I've been experimenting with a couple different codecs in premiere, but they all seem to be choppy?

Any recommendations for what I should do? I'd really like to be able to edit in Premiere Pro without choppy scrubbing.

Premiere is capable of handling a lot of codecs, so maybe the bandwith is too much for your harddrive or hardware?

Back