Camera buying

M

missymac

I've read several posts and have a question about buying a camera. I am not a filmmaker, I want to buy a 3CCD broadcast quality camera for my husband's birthday. We manage recording artists and often are requested to send video footage in for broadcast. When we saw our footage aired on MTV it looked undesirable. We shoot behind the seens at indoor venue's with low light, indoor / outdoor arena concert performances and behind the scenes filming of music videos. Given these shooting conditions what should I buy him? (A quick response would be great his birthday is 9/15)

I use a Sony DCR-VX2100, and love it. Great quality, none of the framerate feature that other 3CCD cameras offer, but if all you need is a great quality camera, I'd check out the VX2100.

...if you look around the board, you should be able to find ALOT of suggestions for 3 chip cameras and reasons why to buy it.

...I just saw the new Sony HD camera, it looked really good...might be a good choice at under $4500

...I have the Panasonic DVX 100a, shoots in 5 different video modes, including 24p and 24p advanced

...many people like the Cannon XL's, I think I saw an XL 2 and it looked pretty good to me considering I hated the layout of the XL1 and couldn't see myself ever using it without a tripod...

...keep looking around the board, you'll find something pretty quick...

--spinner :cool:

Back