Camcorder for Youtube film-making

Hi there

I have my own channel on youtube, and I have a faily decent camera but its nothing special.
My problem is that I want something a little more expensive now and I want that clear kind of movie look, at the moment its hard to tell if I am using a web cam or an actual camcorder. (I know that I am going to have to pay out a lot of money for something fantastic, but all i want is a clear image which shows colours up quite nicely )

So, could you please reccomend a camera for me please? Movie maker is a huge part in the way I edit the films, and I have learnt that WMM actually puts the quality of the videos down even more.

Can you reccomend a good camcorder and maybe also a good video editing program which will not put my movie quality down.

I can spend upto £300, which is about $600, i think, maybe $550.

Thanks for reading and thanks for your help!

Lea

Hi

Thanks very much for your help with this.
I went onto youtbe and looked at some reviews and videos made by these cameras.
I'm loving the canon h20, but apparently you cant get this anymore and is now the h30, but even so i really do like this camera.

Some of the videos that have been made on yuotbue by this camera are excellent quality, however some are bad quality.

If my videos are going to go on youtube, is there ways i can up the standard definition, or will it naturally be good quality due to the camera?

Its quite alot of money but i really like it!

Some of the videos that have been made on yuotbue by this camera are excellent quality, however some are bad quality.

What you are seeing is that it's not the camera. It's the skill, talent and experience of
the person using the camera. Get the camera you can afford, learn to use it well and
you will have the "excellent quality" you want.

CFS, I think it will serve you better if you check the Camcorder Ratings of different brands. The expert reviews can help in getting you acquainted with certain products. Those who did came out well-informed thereby making their choice much easier.

Hope this helps.

Back