• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Cambridge Band Competition Promo

Images were great! Colours awesome. :cool:

Didn't seem to have a showcase feeling to it, with just the one song for all bands to share like that.

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your comments... they are much appreciated.... I guess "showcasing" wasnt the correct terminology i should have used..... Its more of a very short teaser promo to get people to apply and interested in next years event.

we were actually working alongside another company who filmed the whole event with 5-6 cameras and are producing 10 minute videos "showcasing" each night, who played and what happened... we were just asked to produce a 1-2 minute promo.

we also had to use a studio version of a song by another artist, as we weren't allowed to show favour to any one particular artist in tHe promo

Its more of a very short teaser promo to get people to apply and interested in next years event.

If I were in a band thinking of entering a live band competition, I would find it more than a little odd that the promo features a studio recording rather than a recording of a live band. If anything, the promo might cause me to question the legitimacy of the competition and/or the competency of it's organisers, which I'm sure is not the intent of the promo!

I know none of this is your decision but whether or not the promo is successful could reflect on you. Not sure whether you feel it's appropriate but I would be tempted to have a chat with whoever commissioned you.

G

Back