Calling All Tri-State IndieTalkers

I need to record a list of vehicle cues, and I'm in need of someone with a relatively late model car, 6- or 8-cylinder, automatic transmission. There is only one hard acceleration; the rest are med/slow pull-ups, pull-outs, stops, starts, and one very slow pass-by. As along as we're at it I'll grab some doors, etc. for my library. It would have to be fairly late night to avoid traffic and aircraft sounds. It's ultra-low budget, so I'm only doing a mini-disk/stereo mic set-up; nothing complex this time around. :(

I can pay your gas money, and, if you want, you can spend some time in the studio with me. I'll walk you through how I work on a project, or you can watch me cut the vehicle cues, or whatever you want that is sound design/edit/mix related.

PM me if you are interested.

I have a 1988 Pontiac Firebird that is 6 cylinders with a distinct engine sound. But, these days my day job is running me ragged with more free time with take home work and more travel time getting to more locations during regular business hours.

I just did an all-nighter for work for no extra pay. Something tells me I will crash and burn tonight.

Maybe someone else may be free.

When I was in college we had an extensive library of sound effects on CD's. I used vehicle sound effects on two of my projects. I can't remember the name of the library but you should be able to find something on line now.

When I was in college we had an extensive library of sound effects on CD's. I used vehicle sound effects on two of my projects. I can't remember the name of the library but you should be able to find something on line now.

C'mon, give me a little credit; I do sound design for a living. I know all about SoundDogs, SoundIdeas, etc. and use them extensively when I need to. And I have already bought vehicle and other libraries, as well as numerous by-the-sound purchases.

The problem with most vehicle libraries is that they are too general; I have about 40 very specific cues totaling less than three minutes that all have to cut together seamlessly. 98% of the time this can only be accomplished by recording your own sounds.

Besides, every time I do field recordings I build my personal library, and there is nothing better than sounds custom designed for a specific project. Building a personal library and doing custom recordings is a part of the gig.

Back