• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Cabbie and Arc screen in Toronto at ReelHeART!

From the official press release:

The 4th annual ReelHeART International Film Festival has selected two short films by filmmaker and former stand up comedian Steve Gelder to screen at this year’s festival, June 16-21.

The films selected are “Arc” and “Cabbie”, both of which have won awards at past film festivals. “”Arc” has screened at 28 film festivals worldwide and won 12 awards, including honors for “Best Screenplay”, “Best Short Comedy” and “Best of the Festival.” One review said, “It's movies like these that still make me hopeful that are still at least some good filmmakers out there, and Steve Gelder has a lot of potential to become one of the best.” “Arc” is scheduled as one of the Opening Night films, screening Monday night at 8PM with several other short films.

ReelHeART is the Canadian premiere of “Cabbie”, which has won awards for “Best Concept” (EHS Short Film Festival), “Most Inspirational Film” (Seattle True Independent Film Festival) and most recently, “Best Short Film” at the Asheville Film festival in Asheville, NC. The judges at that festival included 70s teen heart throb Robbie Benson, comedian/actor Harry Anderson (“Night Court” and “Dave’s World”), and the guy who created the Chucky movies. It will screen in the Main Venue Wednesday, June 18 at 7:15PM.

Gelder, who headlined the Comedywood Comedy Clubs in Toronto several times as a stand up comic, wears many hats when filmmaking. He is listed on the Internet Movie Data Base (imdb.com) in positions as varied as producer to scorpion wrangler, and everything in between – director, writer, editor, composer. He stars in both “Arc” and “Cabbie”, a hysterically funny 22-minute short film he improvised with two other filmmakers in Chicago using skills he picked up studying at The Groundlings in Los Angeles.

“I’m thrilled to be a part of this year’s festival. I hope Festival Director Shannonn Kelly and the volunteers have a great week showing people how entertaining independent films can be. I’ll be making a feature film in 2008, if fund-raising and some other elements come together, and hopefully, I’ll be bringing that to Toronto for next year’s festival.”

More festival information is on the website, http://www.reelheart.com/2008/.

Back