burning a dvd

Well I've imported my footage, edited it in my Premiere Pro, and now I'm trying to send it out to the person who will make the score for it. The problem is everytime I burn it, it will not play on dvd players and it skips alot when played on any media player on a computer. I've tried playing it on Poweredvd, Quicktime, Realplayer and Windows player, not one works. My mpeg encoder inside PP can't be registered for some reason so I'm using a third party encoder, Cucusoft. I'm exporting my timeline out of PP and converting the avi file to mpeg2, than I just tried to burn it with Nero. Right now I'm not trying anything fancy since this is not the final product, I just want it to play on a dvd player and not skip on a computer. Does it sound like I'm doing anything wrong? I'm using all default settings, is there anything that should be changed?

Have you been able to successfully burn DVD's on that PC before?

When was the last time you did a driver update and/or a firmware update?

My burner worked fine for CD's but made a lot of $1.00 DVD coasters... the firmware update did the trick for me.

Maybe your RAM and the codec you're using is the problem. What CODEC are you using to make the AVI from Premier?

Good points CootDog. Stop using Cucusoft would be a good start. I'd recommend dvdlab or tmpgenc dvd author.

An excellent source of video/audio/converting nfo can be found here...

http://www.afterdawn.com/

Just out of curiosity, does the exported avi play? Get a copy of GSpot (it's free) and load the avi file in that. If there's a codec issue, GSpot will let know.

I don't think I have ever done a firmware update, at least not to my knowledge. I have two dvd authoring programs, Encore 1.5 and DVD Architect, I'm just using Cucusoft for the avi to mpeg encoding. Is that still bad? I'm not sure what codec I'm using, what will I have to do to find that out? My avi and mpeg files play just fine straight from my external harddrive. Thanks for the help, hopefully we can solve this problem.

I know nothing about the dvd authoring software. I'm going through making a dvd for the first time. I knew that Encore has an encoder but I can't use that. Does Architect have one too? If I import the avi into Architect can I change it to mpeg straight from there?

Cinepak is widely used in the windows world. I believe that Windows OS has shipped with that Codec since Win2K... So it's VERY compatible.

so you should be able to just load your DVD burning software... tell it you want to make a Video DVD then load the AVI file and it will convert it for you durring the DVD creation process.

Have you tried that yeT?

Back