budgeting software

Anyone use either Gorilla 2 or Movie Magic Budgeting software? I need to budget my newest script soon and am considering one of these two software programs. MMB is $699 and Gorilla 2 is $399, so the cost difference is significant.

It'll be worth you talking to member "Filmscheduling" his company has developed software that does exactly what you're looking for. I think you'll find the software is called Sunfrog Film Scheduling. It's also considerable cheaper, and you can rent it for as little as three months as opposed to buying.

Indietalk premiere members get a very healthy 20% discount on the software and "Filmscheduling" is a good guy to talk to about this stuff, he really knows what he's talking about and is the forum expert on all things schedule related.

I can't give you a personal assesment of his software, as the OSX version wasn't availible last time I checked, but I'm fairly sure that Zen and a few other members have raved about it.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I guess no one here has ever dealt with scheduling and budgeting a screenplay they've written in order to get funded by an investor.

Guess I'll have to look elsewhere for information. Sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear you gave up on this forum so quickly. I have quite a bit of experience with Movie Magic budgeting and scheduling and I've done a lot of work with investors.

I hope you find what you need elsewhere.

Directorik wrote:

" I have quite a bit of experience with Movie Magic budgeting and scheduling and I've done a lot of work with investors."

So, the question still is, do I need to purchase both MM budget and scheduling in order to develop a budget so I can get an investor? Can I just purchase MM budgeting and get a good budget so I can interest the investor.

I didn't give up. I just thought I'd get a better response by now, and until you posted I didn't get any help. Sorry to be impatient, but spending $700-$1,400 is a lot and I need to get some information that justifies this expense. I'm in the middle of both the script and negotiating with my attorney for a group of interested investors. Can't wait too long for feedback.

MM Budgeting is for making the Budget, and MM Scheduling is for scheduling the shoot.. so no you shouldn't need both..

For scheduling I use the aforementioned (though not by name, by reference of member name: Filmscheduling) SunFrog Film Scheduler there's a discount for Indietalk premiere members, and even without the discount it's very affordable and WELL WORTH IT!

I haven't used the budgeting software, but you can get both Film Scheduler and Showbiz Budgeting from Sunfrog for $349.. that's budget and schedule for less than Gorilla. :)

Will, thanks for the feedback. Will Sunfrog work on a $1M-$2M budget for a feature film? Sounds like looking into for half the cost of MMB.

so far I hear that Gorilla might be limited for my project.

WC

I can't give you an answer to your question, but I can point you in the right direction, go to the member's list and do a search for a member called "Filmscheduling" PM or email him from his profile. He developed this software and can give you all the answers you need. Plus, I think on the Sunfrog website you'll find comparisions between the various commerically availible software.

I'm surprised he hasn't popped into this thread already, proabaly too busy to get onto the forum this week.

Back