Budgeting & Scheduling Rates?

feature film trying to get a budget of million+ need a line producer to schedule & budget the script.
how much will a person charge for just scheduling & budgeting?

Also is 5k a week as line producer Crew/ rate too much ? what's ideal?

Last edited:
Here it is!!! I was contacted by a producer from LA to do a full breakdown, a rough budget and a schedule. He is looking to submit that to his financiers which he already has in place. Now here is where I'm confused - I work with big companies with unlimited budgets. My first time going independently charging for just a breakdown,budget, schedule - i charged 3k a week is it too much ?

As someone who has already done budgeting for films, you should already know the answer to this.

Can the film afford this expense?
Will it put the film into "too much above the line" category?

Other more personal questions:
Are you really worth that much to the film?
Does the film have better options than you? If so, how much are they charging?
How much real value do you bring the film? (Remember, you have to add more value than your asking price)

By a general feel I get from this thread, I think the answer to your question is: Yes. It's too much.

It's too bad you that in all your years you never found any people you can fully trust to not screw you.

I'm not sure how "screwing you" comes into all this. If you agree to do a job for X price and you get paid once the job is done, I don't see how you'd get screwed. If you're not sure if you'll get paid, than that's a concern. You may have been able to ask for more, but if both parties are happy at an agreed rate, how is that being screwed. I just don't get it. Not sure whether to charge $1.8k or $3k isn't getting screwed by any account.

First world problems I guess?

Back