• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

BTS Audio Profile: The Social Network

Check out my friend's newest BTS video he made for the Social Network coming out soon:

http://vimeo.com/15382753

Hope you enjoy.

Ren Klyce and Michael Semanick - 2 of the best Sound Designers/Mixers around.

And you thought "heavy dialogue" movies didn't get complex sound design...

I'm not sure I'll have time to watch the 45 minute interview today, but The Social Network one was really interesting. I was fairly sure I didn't want to watch it, but that's made it seem a lot more appealing and interesting. (Or have I just made myself look like a massive sucker for advertising?)

I know what you mean chilli, I had no intention of seeing it, but after hearing NPR's review, I'm intrigued.

To assuage my doubts about my resilience to advertising, I checked it out of Rotten Tomatos. Good news: 100% of professional critics liked it. 81% of the audience (who review on rotten tomato) liked it. *

They're releasing this right at the start of oscar season. I'll think we'll be seeing more of this film come February.

I'll probably end up seeing it. But I may wait for the DVD. Once I do see it, I'm checking out the vid :)

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the...crop&sortby=&name_order=&view=#contentReviews

Heh - BAH!

The video you watched is done totally independent of any promotion money or anything - it's my friend's wish to learn more about post production sound and he makes that information available to everyone.

The Social Network one was really interesting. I was fairly sure I didn't want to watch it, but that's made it seem a lot more appealing and interesting.

Man, all I need to hear is "Screenplay by Aaron Sorkin, directed by David Fincher" and I'm there! Don't even care what the title or subject is, nor who's acting in it. Those guys are geniuses individually; combined, they've gotta be mind blowing!

To be honest I told myself The Social Network was a waste of time before I knew David Fincher was directing it,

then I found out he directed it and Ren Klyce and Michael Semanick were in charge of the sound - and that changed my mind big-time.

Back