boom mic

hello, i know this has probably been asked a million times, but I would really appreciate it if you could help us with our sound problem. a group of friends are starting to record and we have a major mic problem. I am just wondering, seeing as 80% of the scenes will require a boomed mic, which one should we get? our main problem is wind noise and ambient sound that makes it impossible to successfully merge various sound effects and music into our recordings. the hissing sound is not bearable.
so is there a relatively cheap recorder that is simple and does a good job at recording outdoor conversations?
i was thinking of the h1 at first, but then I started to doubt if that could work for us.. I'm guessing booming the h1 would do more harm than good right? anyways, any tips for a mic that will suit our needs and is under 200-250$?

hmm, here's an idea... what if with dialogue, you always have 2 recordings that you keep, one with the sound great on one person, and one on the other.. then just comp this together in post?

Back