• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

BluRay Authoring..

Before I ask, I thought id mention that I know how to use google, but I trust people here more than someone bloging.. so with that..

I got 1:45 minute film that I am trying to throw on a BluRay Disk. I am using a Mac and its taking over 10 hrs of process.. the first BluRay I made was from toast.. file is 28gbs and its XDCAM 24p.. threw the bluray in my PS3 and it was jaggy footage and after 20 minutes the sound was not in sync anymore...

I use FCP7 and Compressor but I have yet to compress the original file given to me from the export in XDCAM.. should I be exporting it H264 or regular mpeg? what are the best settings so this movie doesnt lose quality.. I am using a 25gb disk.

Whats your guys work flow when it comes to BluRay?

thanks

I used Adobe Encore to author and encode. It did better than any external encoder. If you want to try something free, you can always use FREEMAKE VIDEO CONVERTER too. It works great for simple Blu Ray encodes, down to the burning too.

Back