• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch BLAH BLAH BLAH

For a first music video... that was pretty darn good.

The lyrics were recorded a little garbled at times, but I'm guessing that was likely beyond your scope.
It was handed to you "as is", right.

Storywise - the song is about a GF that won't shut up, but the video is about a guy pursuing new girl, I think. Don't know about that, although I've seen it done plenty of times before where the story and the lyrics don't match. Odd, but common.

Composition - EXCELLENT time balance job of cutting back and forth between band and story. Would like to have seen some more dynamic changes with the band's set up, they're hum-drum-strum at the car got a little stale, but I understand you don't wanna make the video too darn complicated to follow.
At best, I like it when the two converge: Through a series of changes, the band gets to some place in their own suggested story which also becomes the ending point or parallel to the overt story-story.
The song had a snarky fun aspect to it. Go with it.

Editing - Mostly at the beginning and in a couple other spots were there a few shots where it seemed like you caught two or three frames of the actors waiting to run - then running! Argh! Once is suspect. Several times is unfavorable.

Lighting - maybe it's an editing or upload thing, but the video quality was pretty dark by a couple f stops-looking. I see you're in south FL, and the scenery looked like it was FL, as well. Plenty of overcast days which I see you took great advantage of. Maybe, even though it's overcast, still have the actor's camera-side facing the sun (even though it's horribly diffused behind clouds)? Or pick thinner overcast days?
I think you're having contrast issues. @ 0:16, 0:27, 1:09, 1:33, 1:58/59, and 2:12. Those bright backgrounds are killing the shots.
But I also see you're likely trying to compensate in post by adjusting assorted levels, which, if so, were done pretty consistently. @ 1:24, 2:00.
The adjustment jump between 1:35-37 and 1:39 is what I notice.

Dark skin is kinda difficult to light to bring out details for video that human eyes can discern fairly easily. It's a challenge.
I dunno.

I don't see what aperture the Panasonic dvx100b can drop down to, but I see on the video's comments your moving onto a T2i, so... open that fat bastard up and maybe get a guy with a bounce board, white (a sheet/half-sheet of foam core) or mirrored (car windscreen protector thingie).
jan2.asp
275px-Photographing_a_model.jpg
bts.jpg

GL!

Last edited:
Back