Blackmagic solve sensor blooming issues with Pocket Camera!

This is AWESOME as this is my dream camera, and I was reluctant to get it when I learned of the terrible white-orb/sensor blooming problem. However, Blackmagic Design has apparently fixed it!

You can read all about it in this thread. It starts out vague, but as they continued to post info over the last couple of days they've verified the following:

1) - Issue was because sensors weren't calibrated properly, and not all cameras had this issue (which is why some people reported not having the problems)
2) - You can send in your current model to be re-calibrated, they cover the cost through UPS
3) - All newly manufactured models will ship with the sensors properly calibrated, so as to avoid further issues. Starting now, you could theoretically order one and not have the issue, but if you do, they'll perform the re-calibration for you anytime!

Here's a before and after comparison, direct from BMD themselves (link because image is full HD)!

There are tons of other user images in the thread as well, showing the updates. It works!

So who's going to get one now that the issue has been addressed? I am!

Awesome. I've been busy at the day job, and haven't kept up with the issue over the last few days. Even with the issue, I was never close to canceling my preorder. Eagerly awaiting its arrival. Although I'm disappointed to see everyone who's posted as getting their cameras, were people who ordered on the first day of ordering (April 8th). Hoping to have mine by Christmas.

Back