Black Magic Pocket

I am no guru internet guy, so what's the latest on the pocket camera? Even the other model $4k, Is it going to happen? Opinions or tell me where to look. How about the big boys, canon, Nikon, any real stuff you guys know of?
Always Thanks
Vows

I've preordered a pocket cinema camera. Word from blackmagic is it will start to ship, in limited quantities in the next couple days. With full production and shipping gearing up over the next few weeks. 4k cam is still 3 weeks away from being ready for full production.

Lots of preorders on the pocket cam. If someone hasn't already ordered one, could be months before preorders are all filled. I ordered mine on May 22, and am hoping ill have it by September or October.

Hi Vows, as Jeff says, the $995 Pocket Cinema Camera is supposed to ship in the next few days. I preordered my Pocket Cinema Camera on April 26th, so I hope to get one of the first units shipped and will post test footage as soon as I can.

The $3995 4K Production Camera is now scheduled to ship starting in August.

More info on the Blackmagic situation here.

As for the other manufacturers, the first Canon DSLR with fast, accurate autofocus, the $1199 70D, will roll out in September. Here is a test video from Johnnie Behiri:

http://vimeo.com/71179151

In the notes, Johnnie says,

"My expectations were high, after all it is Canon's first APS-C sensor VDSLR camera equipped with the new DIGIC 5+ engine.
At present time there is not much to rave about the video quality coming out of that sample 70D camera.
Images are extremely soft, a bit noisy and moire and aliasing are everywhere."

Panasonic is also supposedly releasing a GX7 later this year with the same video image quality as the GH3, focus peaking and in-camera image stabilization. We'll see :)

Best,

Bill

Back