• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Big Announcement about my MOVIE

I'm sorry but I have to ask. In the trailer you use the word, "EPIC." So are you saying that this film is a long narrative?

It's great that you're finishing up a full-length feature. And that you're extremely excited about it.

But, there should be a tiny shread of truth in advertising. Putting "Quotes" without sources (obviously written by you or your friends) is beyond tacky.

I mention this because such advertising diminishes other micro-budget film makers credibility.

While you don't ask for opinions on the greatest independent movie ever made (REALLY tone it down). The look is actually pretty cool. The acting (amazingly without dialogue) is pretty bad.

As soon as the narrator mentioned "His Face Stayed That Way", I got it. Everyone, this guy is a comedy director (at least, I hope for his sake). I'm sure the troll-like appearance and corniness of the trailer are intentional.
...Again, that's my sincere hope. If not... you need to seriously think long and hard about what you're doing.

EDIT: Just watched the rest of it. This is so obviously supposed to be bad, so-bad-it's-funny. Not to be obnoxious, but I can't think of another way to say this: how could you guys not see that?

Last edited:
Kholi: Trolls don't bother me, as they do most freaky people. If someone only posts about their project and it has relevance to whatever forum they're at. That's fine. They can and should receive responses.

FormerDominator: The acting sucks and the quotes are moronic. But, the overall time that went into creating the look was massive. Why would you go through such a process to achieve "So bad it's funny"?

I don't believe he thinks he's made the greatest indie ever. I do believe he thinks he's made a good movie (or maybe just a trailer) then he actually has, because the acting sucks.

Kholi: Trolls don't bother me, as they do most freaky people. If someone only posts about their project and it has relevance to whatever forum they're at. That's fine. They can and should receive responses.

FormerDominator: The acting sucks and the quotes are moronic. But, the overall time that went into creating the look was massive. Why would you go through such a process to achieve "So bad it's funny"?

I don't believe he thinks he's made the greatest indie ever. I do believe he thinks he's made a good movie (or maybe just a trailer) then he actually has, because the acting sucks.

Is it irony that you aren't seeing The Forest for the Trees? Or, just a pun?

Is it irony that you aren't seeing The Forest for the Trees? Or, just a pun?

Maybe I'm just old. But, absurd humor (Andy Kaufman), so bad they're good movies (John Waters) all started out with brilliant ideas and intentions. Plus, in the end they got rich off their awful products. Which is usually the plan.

I can point to a non-movie which was made and reviewed by 3 sites and is available at amazon for $3 download, $10 purchase download and $20 DVD-R. This thing is almost 2 hours long and completely worthless. The director put all the same type "quotes" as this guy, and has actually made a little money off it. This movie couldn't even have cost a dollar to make. At one point there's roughly 20 minutes of watching water boiling. (I found a torrent and just ran the FF lever at the bottom) It has over 150 imdb ratings. He then admitted the whole thing was a joke.

I'd say this and that guy could be the same person. But, this guy actually has talent. That "award winning" video, while it sucks actually took some talent to put together. This trailer shows a progression of his editing and color correcting skills (if it's him doing these). Whether it's all a joke or not, in the end it's still just crap.

When someone watches crap after crap they have a tendency to eventually say "enough is enough", and the real indie film maker loses in the end.

Maybe I'm just old. But, absurd humor (Andy Kaufman), so bad they're good movies (John Waters) all started out with brilliant ideas and intentions. Plus, in the end they got rich off their awful products. Which is usually the plan.

It looks like to me that he's purposely doing something bad to troll you into being serious in your responses. Not to make you laugh that it's so bad.

He's succeeding, if that's the case.

Tier Two of his plan may be to release something that actually looks really good, so that those harping on him or trying to "teach him a lesson" look even stupider.

If he does, I'll buy him a beer.

I'd say this and that guy could be the same person. But, this guy actually has talent. That "award winning" video, while it sucks actually took some talent to put together. This trailer shows a progression of his editing and color correcting skills (if it's him doing these). Whether it's all a joke or not, in the end it's still just crap.

To me, it looks like bait for other filmmakers who A) take themselves too seriously and/or B) think they're good, will comment, and then get their faces cracked when this dude posts something serious.

I might be a bit more optimistic, though.

When someone watches crap after crap they have a tendency to eventually say "enough is enough", and the real indie film maker loses in the end.

Humility goes a long way: you can count on the fact that someone's looking at your work (my work as well) and thinks it's crap.

I just saw the "real story" thing and breathed out a sigh of relief. Although I justify my responses to alandry because I kept them as general as possible, so that any advice would apply to others who may read it in the future. Don't tell anyone, but I have had in mind a big troll kinda like this one for a while now (albiet on a slightly larger scale). *fingers crossed*

It looks like to me that he's purposely doing something bad to troll you into being serious in your responses. Not to make you laugh that it's so bad.

He's succeeding, if that's the case..

The only success I see that comes from his campaign (and it's an important one) he has over 3000 views in a few weeks. That's great.

But, since most comments are on how much the thing sucks, what does he end up with? If he can bring back those viewers and get them to see his other work, then he's succeeded.

Tier Two of his plan may be to release something that actually looks really good, so that those harping on him or trying to "teach him a lesson" look even stupider.

If he does, I'll buy him a beer.

To me, it looks like bait for other filmmakers who A) take themselves too seriously and/or B) think they're good, will comment, and then get their faces cracked when this dude posts something serious.

Nope, that's not what he did.

Humility goes a long way: you can count on the fact that someone's looking at your work (my work as well) and thinks it's crap.

50/50 on my movie. On the bright side, 50% think you should own it. The other 50% don't even consider it a movie. So, I'm happy on both accounts.

I'll just add this about "The Forest". The look, looks really good. The shots aren't bad. The only thing that's bad is the acting. Even in the "now" real trailer. If he concentrated his efforts into shooting something worthwhile it could actually be excellent. Because obviously the talent is there.

Film makers have two problems with actors (as well as crew) First, they don't think people will want to do the work for free. They don't think they can hold actors attention long enough that they can shoot something worthwhile.

Well they can. There's an over abundance of talent in all fields. And you don't have to pay to find them or get them to work. Because everyone starts somewhere. There's talent begging for work, and if you show a minute amount of professionalism, they'll come back day after day.

The bigger problem is (and it's prevelent in many no/micro budget movies) Directors don't know the difference between good and bad acting. If an actor says the line correctly, or close to what they mean it's a good take. The majority don't take into account body language. It's the difference between saying a line, and living a character.

Last edited:
Back