• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Betrayer: A human reach story

Betrayer: A human reach story - Part One - Human Machinima

Hey everyone, here is my latest short. It is the first part of a three part story. Basically I have put myself into Halo Reach and created a storyline. This was all extremely new to me and I learned a lot from creating it. Audio is what it is, but I have nothing better for recording it at the moment to my PC. The video didn't quite come out like the preview window...which was really annoying, so I made the best of it. Hope you enjoy watching it at least. I consider this a human machinima.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnMyfgWVekE

Last edited:
Fantastic music! And I really like the whole idea of you telling this story within the Halo universe. I thought the intro after the credits, before we see the actor was a bit too long. The story itself was just a bunch of talking which left me bored. And the actor doesn't necessarily have the personality that I'd imagine a spartan would have.

I had a thought when he was looking out of the window - wouldn't the lighting/shadows on him change as he is moving through the space?

Anyway, I look forward to the next part!

Last edited:
Fantastic music! And I really like the whole idea of you telling this story within the Halo universe. I thought the intro after the credits, before we see the actor was a bit too long. The story itself was just a bunch of talking which left me bored. And the actor doesn't necessarily have the body type or personality that I'd imagine a spartan would have.

I had a thought when he was looking out of the window - wouldn't the lighting/shadows on him change as he is moving through the space?

Anyway, I look forward to the next part!

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah I was well aware this first one would not be the most exciting to watch. More of a kick starter for the next two. Which will be involving spartan interaction with some battle flash backs and the third will actually have a battle in it. Ha, the actor is myself, I'm pretty buff right? ;). I did all of this in my living room...being the camera operator and actor is pretty difficult. If you think pulling focus on someone can be challenging alone, try doing it on yourself, at a distance. As far as lighting I'm only using Sony Vegas Pro 10 and its still pretty new too me. Yet I did learn a lot on how to use it just from this.

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah I was well aware this first one would not be the most exciting to watch. More of a kick starter for the next two. Which will be involving spartan interaction with some battle flash backs and the third will actually have a battle in it. Ha, the actor is myself, I'm pretty buff right? ;). I did all of this in my living room...being the camera operator and actor is pretty difficult. If you think pulling focus on someone can be challenging alone, try doing it on yourself, at a distance. As far as lighting I'm only using Sony Vegas Pro 10 and its still pretty new too me. Yet I did learn a lot on how to use it just from this.

Haha, well you're doing great so far. Keep it up! :D

Back