• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Best TV Shows of 2011

I can't take any list seriously if it doesn't include Gossip Girl...

Great list though all the same. Got to agree about Game of Thrones; I put off watching it and then it really blew me away.

I was surprised by Louie. I'm not that into comedy, so a sitcom about a stand-up comedian didn't seem interesting to me. I watched the first season on a recommendation from a friend and really enjoyed it. The last episode of the season was brilliant!

If we're talking exclusively of new shows, I think New Girl tops my list. Then again, it's not like I watch everything ever, so I'm probably missing some-no, several.

I'd add Sons of Anarchy to the list as that's a consistently well written, well acted and well directed show.

I might get alot of heat from this but I was really touched by this series. It's an anime called Usagi Drops. A man in his late 20's who is very career driven adopts his grandfather's 6yr old illigitemate daughter (so technically his aunt) after his death. The rest of the family treat her as an eye sore and a burden to the family, he see's her as for who she truly is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS1uE1pTgrc

I'll offer up my top 10. Now, I don't actually have cable, so these are all shows I watch on Hulu or Netflix. In no particular order:

New Girl
Once Upon a Time (takes a couple episodes to get into it, but it's good)
Grimm
Castle
Bones
Fringe
House

Hmm, upon further reflection I realized I don't actually watch 10 (new) shows...so there's my top 7. :D

Can someone explain to be how New Girl is funny? I tried, I really did but god damn I laughed 3x in 2eps. Game of Thrones had to slow of a build for me to put it on a best list but it was really good as a whole.

My favs this season in the order they come to me:
Fringe
Chuck
The Walking Dead
Person of Interest (this my the best NEW show of the season)
Happy Endings
House
Chuck
Greys Anatomy

Crime Procedurals:
- Bones
- CSI 1,2,3
- NCIS 1,2
- Criminal Minds
- Psych (love all the comedy and 80's pop culture references)
- The Mentalist

Others:
- Glee
- Mythbusters

And, guiltily, I watch the more uplifting, less cut-throat reality shows:
- American Idol
- Dancing with the stars
- So you think you can dance

Of all the reality shows, I find America's Got Talent to be the best by far. X Factor has the best singers, but AGT has a personality and general sense of fun that X Factor and American Idol inherently lack. Nick Canon is a fantastic host, and the chemistry between the judges is just great (though Piers Morgan will be dearly missed by me). Of course, the wide variety of acts certainly helps (watching two hours of nothing but young people singing old songs gets old after awhile).

Crime Procedurals:
- Bones
- CSI 1,2,3
- NCIS 1,2
- Criminal Minds
- Psych (love all the comedy and 80's pop culture references)
- The Mentalist

Others:
- Glee
- Mythbusters

And, guiltily, I watch the more uplifting, less cut-throat reality shows:
- American Idol
- Dancing with the stars
- So you think you can dance

Hell yeah, Criminal Minds is sick! Can't forget South Park and Chopped.

I feel the need to mention the worst news in TV this year: there will be no fifth series of the IT Crowd (though they are doing a special). As has often been quipped, they turned the show off, but forgot to turn it back on again.

Very sad about that; it was one of the best geek-shows around, and one of my recent favorites from the BBC (even more than Dr Who, and I thought this year's series was fantastic).

Back to TV shows still running, the second season of Archer was an improvement on the first. Definitely my favorite animated show this year (didn't see the most recent season of Futurama yet, and no Venture Bros. this year)

"Impractical Jokers" on TruTV just premiered a few days ago, and it's already wayy up there on my list. This isn't the actual cast of the show (just a fan version inspired by it), but it's just as funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz3eMp9oGB4

Back