Best sound equipment on the market?

I've noticed that sound is a very integral part of making a movie so I'm looking for the best sound equipment on the market. Like audio equipment used to record hit TV shows and big budget movies.

PS. Price doesn't matter

@Cheese I'm broke but I'm looking around youtube and I'm noticing that most short films have shit sound and I want better since I'm about to make a feature film.

@Zensteve OMG GREAT IDEA.............. Jeez I'm such an idiot thanks man ;D

Last edited:
I've noticed that sound is a very integral part of making a movie so I'm looking for the best sound equipment on the market. Like audio equipment used to record hit TV shows and big budget movies.

PS. Price doesn't matter

@Cheese I'm broke but I'm looking around youtube and I'm noticing that most short films have shit sound and I want better since I'm about to make a feature film.

Why not just hire a sound-guy/gal, who not only already has the equipment but also the experience to use it well?

That way you won't have to spend tens of thousands of bux (that you don't have anyway) on gear that you won't know how to use properly... for a fraction of the price. You'll only need to spend the bux for the days you're actually shooting! :)

Are these the kind of things you are asking about?

cart5-l.jpg
gallery_1_1_32815.jpg

3388801091_d097de11e7.jpg
DSCN2031-725114.jpeg

cart_rockface.jpg

The "Hollywood" sound cart costs somewhere between $25k and $75k. A solid "Indie" kit can be put together for about $20k.

Keep in mind that the skill set is just as - if not more - important than the gear.

Back