Best shotgun mics!

Alright so I am completely amature when it comes to audio. I just purchaced a sexy pro camcorder (with a discount :):):)) and now I have $430 as of right now to purchace a microphone. By friday, I will have alot more probably $700 to $1000.

Basically I need to purchace a high end shotgun microphone I can attach to my camcorder to make my films more professional. I usually used nothing put pure background music for my videos but now I want to get into actual dialogue in my videos and I want the sound to be mint and high end.

My question is:

For $1 to about $430, what is the best shotgun microphone I can get, im talkin, the bees knees, the shit. :)

AND

For $430- $1000, what is the best shotgun mic I can get for that price range!

I'd love to hear feedback, possibly peoples examples of them using they're mics, anything that I can get an idea of. cause I am completely clueless when it comes to mics, and I don't want to pick out a mic, order it, and it turns out its shitty and I could have gotten a better for same or less price.

THANKS! :)

It's not just about buying a shotgun mic, it is about the complete production audio package - shotgun mic, cardioid mic, boom pole, wind protection, headphones, cabling, mixer and recorder - and the skill with which all of those items are used.

Check out my blog here on IndieTalk for more info.

Back