Best HDSLR for video

I want your opinions on which HDSLR is the best for video (hence the title). I would prefer to stick with Canon because I have a 5D mark I that I use for still photography and have some good glass already. Compare and contrast the t2i, t3i, 7D, 5DmkII, and any other worthy candidates.

Let the beatings begin!

I'm still trying to get around the crop factor. The shortest lens that I currently have is a 24mm f1.8. That would be 45.6mm on the GH2. That qualifies as a normal focal length lens on that system. Canon makes an 8mm super wide, but it's a fish eye lens and causes tremendous distortion on my 5D. It's also expensive. Does anybody have any experience with a lens that fat on the GH2, and if so, what kind of distortion/aberration do you get with it?

I'm still trying to get around the crop factor. The shortest lens that I currently have is a 24mm f1.8. That would be 45.6mm on the GH2. That qualifies as a normal focal length lens on that system. Canon makes an 8mm super wide, but it's a fish eye lens and causes tremendous distortion on my 5D. It's also expensive. Does anybody have any experience with a lens that fat on the GH2, and if so, what kind of distortion/aberration do you get with it?

It's a bit of a headache, to be honest. You need to have an 11-16/2.8 Tokina in the camera kit to really cover what you need.

The crop's like 1.7x~1.8 (when shooting video) so that's closer to about an 18~20mm. Then there's the actual Panasonic 7mm/4 which'll get you about a 12 ish. It's close enough to 35mm Film spec to not really be a major concern, but what it does change is image compression.

Aside from distortion, you're still dealing with the need to use slightly wider and/or shifting your camera's position to get the right composition. If your primary tastes were centered around using more wides than tights, the Gh2's a bit of a pain there.

You'll probably roll with a 14mm or 17mm for the most part, and the distortion etc on those lenses aren't nice.

5D, I can ride around with a 35mm or 28mm all day and NEVER have a worry about distortion, enough light, so on and so forth. In fact, a 28, 50, and 85 are typically enough to get everything done with a 5D, although something like a 70-200/4 is also nice.

Them's the trade offs.

If your primary tastes were centered around using more wides than tights, the Gh2's a bit of a pain there.

to some degree I agree with this. I like tigher more intimate shots generally which helped my decision for the GH2, however, the 14mm kit lens gets wide enough for me, 28mm is pretty wide, wide enough for me to get the shots i need for my style, so I guess it does really depend on style...and finances.

Back