• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Behind you" (Horror) Short film

Hey guys-first off i'd just like to say that i'm new hear.
So please forgive any silly errors- im pretty certain i have the right category for posting in-but please forgive me if i haven't .

Its halloween as you all know,and i decided to give making a horror short a go.Never done horror before ,but thought it would be a fun idea.
I learned a huge amount when it came to shooting.
You have to be much more tighter and carful when shooting and everything has to be mapped out to perfection.

Here it is incase nobody wants to read my paragraphs :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=372x2DRX78A

I hope you guys like it- i know there are bits that aren't perfect and perhaps could have been shot better but,as Da vinchi once said "Art is never finished- merely abandoned."
I learned a huge amount from doing it and am pleased with the knowledge i have gained .But if you guys perhaps think off anything that you think could help- please share it with me!

Thank you for your time guys,and i hope to hear from you all soon,

-Z

I liked it, but it raises a few questions.
How come Pete disappears without any noise?
Why the policeman arrives? Why is he driving cayenne? How come he's so young?
And most importantly, why is this halloween creature doing all this?

There's some good stuff in there. Looks and sounds pretty nice. Personally I'd have liked a bit more of a story, but it is what it is, and it's all pretty well done! Good work.

I would say though, the police officer does look out of place... Too young, the costume doesn't look right, the way he carries his gun doesn't feel right... Just a few things that took me out of the movie. I can understand that though, and you've done the best with what you've got, so congrats!

Thanks Kinlis and mad hatter
- I totally agree on the account of the officer being to young - but like you said - you have to make the most of what you have to work with!im glad you thought I did some parts well! I guess in response to all the questions that were left open - I wrote it with more of an experience point of view ,So almost to kin of get me introduced into the genre - dont get me wrong ,it wasn't a " screen test" but neither was it supposed to be a perfected story with no loose ends if you get what I mean ?
I also ,in hindsight completely agree with the gun carrying thing - I'm surprised I didn't notice it before ,thanks for pointing it out! :)
Really helpful tips guys,Deffinatly some good issues raised ,cheers !

-Z

Back