• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Before Sunset

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
I was curious as to why this was categorized as an adapted screenplay. From what I understand, it's because the characters in Before Sunset are based on the characters from Before Sunrise. Well, duh! In my opinion, this is an original screenplay. Oh well. Back to the Oscars. :pop:

I don't think scripts based from other scripts should be considered adapted either, not in the traditional sense anyway. Aviator is sweeping the smaller awards so far...

Trying to understand Oscar nominations can get you into trouble...like a film nomintaed for Best animated Fetaure can't be nominated for Best Picture, yet a Best Foreign Film nom can be? ...or Jamie Fox was an Actor in a Supporting Role in Collateral?

Poke

was he bad or was his script? i always wonder who wrote those, and what happened to that billy crystal anyways?
i have to say that i don't find chris rock funny in anyway at all - i don't understand how he got where he is.

I saw this film a month ago and thought it was about as good as it gets. it was real, didn't feel contrived, solid, academic - but most of all it had a charm about it.
i really liked it. never seen any Linklater before, just got waking life, i think i'll be giving that a go tonight.

Back