Beeing heard

This is my problem. and I'm sure its alot of other indie filmmaker's problem.
Beeing heard. Becoming famous.

Anyone want to share how they accomplished fame?
Or anyone want to tell how?

I used to be a pretty well known DJ in the major metropolitan area I live near... It happened organically really.. I somehow managed to get myself a gig at the busiest night club in the area, and was there every night they were open for a good solid year, after a few months people just knew me, and came up to talk to me like we were old friends even though I had no clue who most of them are. Then I stopped DJing, and it all faded away quicker than it came.

I guess the lesson learned from this is that if you want to be in the spotlight, you have to position yourself there, and then stay there. I suppose the best way to do this with film is to create something exceptional, and have it shown everywhere. Easier said than done in most cases.

Alright so what you are saying is that to get to hollywood you have to make your own ticket. (A great short film)?

That's probably the most feasible solution for the majority of us, yes.... Though a great feature is probably even better than a great short, but the great short can open some doors for certain.

There's a line from Titanic that always stuck out to me, and it's along these same lines... "I make my own luck"

Back