• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Becoming A Man - Critique Needed!

This was shot really well with cabbage scented audio. A shame, really.

The audio was so bad...how bad was it? ...it was so bad that even the Jewish jokes wanted to opt out of the project. ;)

Peace.

John

I'll take that, the sound is something we effed up on and are just getting used to a new rig. As long as it was shot ok in the eyes of others then i've done my job. Anything else?

Fun movie.

The audio isn't that bad. My ears did not bleed. More than the audio, I'd say you need to work on white-balance.

So, Canadians aren't cut? In America, it's quite normal.

Fun movie.

The audio isn't that bad. My ears did not bleed. More than the audio, I'd say you need to work on white-balance.

So, Canadians aren't cut? In America, it's quite normal.

Yeah, like I said. We've got a whole new rig and not a clue in sound engineering. So it's a matter of studying and improvement.

And yea, in actuality I was cut at birth and not born into Judaism. Parents thought it'd be good for the hell of it.

The three of you (I'm assuming you're one of the actors) seem quite relaxed on camera, which is a hurdle in itself.

The sound, as mentioned...pretty distracting. Did you have a mic, or was it just camera mic? You can have the best scripting in the world, and it doesn't matter if the audience can't hear it properly.

The transitions bugged me, but I have a personal vendetta against any transitions other than cut and dissolve. Unless there's a very good reason to use them, it just looks messy. Especially star wipe, good god :)

Lot's of mid shots and wide shots....not a lot of close ups or MCU's....and when there was, the framing tended to be a little off (And the focus a couple of times) . Take some time with your framing. Compose your shots carefully. Don't try to rush through too much content in one day.

It's all just practice...keep doing what you're doing, study the framing and scene structure of filmmakers you admire and you'll get there. :)

Back