Basic Equip. Needed?????

Hi, I am wondering what Filming Equipment is needed for shooting a basic Drama film with some action I suppose. (Examples for Equipment needed - Camera, Tripod,....??? Thats where I go blank.)

Please & Thanks for your Help

As always a budget would be a big help. Also, are you buying or renting? Are you hiring a crew or using friends/newbies? Basic or advanced post?

Basic audio would be a hyper-cardioid mic for interiors, a shotgun mic for exteriors, a boom, shockmount, cables and headphones. The next step up you will add wireless lavs, a mixer and a digital recorder. As you get even more advanced you'll add audio/video sync, and a com system plus a whole lot of other things.

IMG_0881.jpg

We still need a budget before we can make recommendations. Even a very basic audio kit will run $500 to $1k if you want to do it right.

One thing to keep in mind - cameras come and go, but audio gear has great longevity, so a more substantial investment in the audio gear at the start will actually save you a lot of money in the long run. To put it another way, if you sell everything in two years you'll probably get about 20% to 40% of the value of the camera but 40% to 70% of most of the audio gear if you bought quality gear.

Hmmm interesting ic. My budget would probably be $400-$500. I am talking very simple and low budget style of movie, along the lines of something looking like The Blair Witch Project. Although I know the movie is a Documentary style, I mean by Cam Shots, and Quality.

Hmmm interesting ic. My budget would probably be $400-$500. I am talking very simple and low budget style of movie, along the lines of something looking like The Blair Witch Project. Although I know the movie is a Documentary style, I mean by Cam Shots, and Quality.

FREE STYLE!~
rent the necessity, and hope that you can get all the footage done in one week end? 500-600 is a relatively low budget, although EXTREAMILY usable as long as you don't need to rent that much (get friends/crew thatll work for free and have some equipment, easy finds too, for example, most churches play bands, you might be able to borrow some equipment from your own,*been there, worked out fine, although it was my friends church sense i'm a atheist* etc etc.)

Hi, I am wondering what Filming Equipment is needed for shooting a basic Drama film with some action I suppose. (Examples for Equipment needed - Camera, Tripod,....??? Thats where I go blank.)
The basic equipment needed to make a movie is a
camera, a tripod and a mic. You're going to need
lights. You're going to need to get the mic off the
camera and close to the actors so you'll need a
boom pole.

Sure, you can use top end audio geer and grip/lighting
equipment, but with $400-$500 you wpn't be able
to. Does that $400-$500 include the camera? Or is
that your budget for everything but the camera?

Back