• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

avid media composer support

I am just going to do a 30 day trial of Media Composer 6.5.

But what I was wondering is, how is their support? Do they really help with problems?

I work with Sony Vegas and they are pretty much useless...most of my info comes from youtube.com

Any input on this editing system?

Media Composer is a great piece of software, but it's at a very different level to Vegas. It also works very differently to Vegas, so there is a learning curve.

In my experience, Avid's customer service is very good, and they have an active support forum for their products, with many basic questions being answered there.

I'm not too sure what you mean by 'helping with problems' - I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help you out with actual software issues, but I don't know how they'd respond if you called them up or emailed every time you forgot how to zoom the timeline, for example.

Thanks. I downloaded it and you are right...major major differences between this and Vegas. I was scanning youtube for some basic info but I am thinking of checking out any courses to get me started.
I have been using Vegas for a few years now and it has some issues with it. It has a cronic problem with 'low memory' which stops me from rendering anything. I find this is one of the main problems with it...and it has nothing to do with my computor being low on memory. It becomes a royal pita.

What I meant by the c.s. is if something went wrong like when Vegas has its 'low memory' box and cannot render the project (and then loses it if you sign out even if you saved it)...trying to get any resolution from them is impossible. They state they have some tech support but I don't think there is a living breathing soul out there. My training came mostly from watching youtube videos. I have had enough with Vegas now.

Back