Audio Equipment

Hello All!

I am looking into doing a YouTube series. I have some alright cameras but nothing with good audio. I was wondering what some good audio recording equipment would be? None of the cameras have mic inputs so I will need to something to record the audio to also. My budget is about $150-$200 for the equipment and if that is too little then let me know!

Thanks for the help!
Caleb

Last edited:
btw, I did look at that. In fact, I looked at it first and was seriously considering it, and it should be added to the "look at" list. Two things really turned me off. The biggest was the poor battery life, and the second was the digital pots, which have an audible "step" when they're turned. I'm not a huge fan of the form factor, and it does not come with mics.

I recently picked up a DR-60. While I've only used it for a few interviews to date, so far I'm pretty impressed with it. Battery life is actually pretty decent, and I do have a set of Eneloops that I always take with me. Also, the DR-60 does charge via the USB cable, so when I'm indoors or in the studio I just plug it into my laptop to save the batteries.

I really like the form factor for mounting under my DSLR when doing run-n-gun or tripod work, and it doesn't bother me in the least that it doesn't have mics because I always have a shotgun and at least one lav with me. Lastly, I think Tascam has fixed the "step" issue on the digital pots. Early reviews mentioned this, but it's my understanding they fixed it--mine does not have noticeable steps when adjusting the pots.

Back