Audio equipment Rental in NYC

Hey fellas!

Currently in post prod, I need to get quite a few number of sound fx & ambient, some of them sync ( like foot steps).

I actually decided it would be better to rent the equipment for a week, rather than spurlging on buying. Do you guys know of any good place in NYC where I could rent decent equipments? Adorama has very minimal selections; I was only able to locate h4n, some shotguns, but no cardioids, audio interfaces.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated! Thanks!
D

Good Point man

I was thinking of looking for a sound recordist/engineer on Mandy to help me out for first few days, then start messing around after. These are some auxiliary sound fx afterall.

Week long rental does add up though, looks to be around few hundred at least. It's definitely cheaper than buying it all, but hmm yea if I dont get all the sounds within that period, I'll have to shell out more. $$$+++

Or maybe I should say screw it, and hire a pro for few days, let him do all the heavy lifting & forgo learning technical aspects. If i'm only concerning with getting necessary sounds bits, this is probably the cheapest way to go... i think

Obviously not a question strictly concerning equipment, but i'd love to hear your thoughts

What is it that you want to accomplish? Just to get the project done, learn to do audio post, or are you looking for great quality?

Or maybe I should ... hire a pro for few days

That's a great way to learn. I learned more watching a "master" for a couple of days than in months of screwing around by myself. BTW, I'm a lot more affordable than you think. :D

There are lots of sound libraries and buy-by-the-sound web-sites. Just some food for thought....

Hehe Really appreciate it! I'm going to try to bribe a friend(well friend of friend) with beer and steak; he's a pretty experienced guy supposedly.

yea I guess I should shelve the idea of trying to learn it ; I need to finish the project foremost afterall. I'll try to absorb as much info as possible from the pro.

Back