• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Audacity" (Short Film in NYC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5otVdc2733s

A New York City resident reading a newspaper about the Yankees at a Spring street park becomes increasingly enraged as he witnesses a careless outsider continuously disregarding the sake of the environment with his trash, so he decides to take matters into his own hands and frighten him into being more considerate of his favorite park.

Starring: Dan Zambrano and Jad Magaziner
Written & Directed by Jon Edwards
Filmed & Edited by Jon Edwards
Soundtrack by Quincy Jones
Shot with the Nikon D90 (ADR Sound)

Everything is a ten,

music is great, dialogue is great, FX was great,

One question though,

That coffee cup is still sitting on the sidewalk. Don't you think the coffee cup would be less biodegradable than a paper twist with 100% natural Drum tobacco in it?

Just my thoughts.

That was shot really well, with some nice composition and movement. I thought the editing was on the mark also.

The music was fitting and me likie.

Congrats on some nice setups even while you were 'gorilla' filmmaking...or were you? Was this a class project that allowed you to shoot inner-city without permits?

The only issue I had (although his look was great) was the newspaper actor was a bit too aware of the camera, and even did the classic noobie 'smirking' while on camera...that instantly pulls me out of the moment/film, and is a red flag in a lot of amateur projects.

Nice work. I liked that.

Well shot.

I liked the music, it worked well. The beauty was in its simplicity.

I have a lot to strive for in comparision, but I won't beat myself up-I'm still pretty new at this stuff.

I too am curious, did you do this without a permit, or get permission?

Edit: this is one my first reviews, sorry if it wasn't more helpful :)

Nice job. The chase is greatly filmed, and the music fits wonders.

At the end, not sure if done on purpose by there are times where the image gets a bit out of focus, was the camera set on autofocus?

And what happens with the coffee cup? He comes with one, leaves it on the floor... and then nothing?

It was fun! Made me smile!

But the actor with the newspaper, was that smirk supposed to be on his face the whole time. Or he just couldnt get it off when in front of the camera?

Nice job though!

Back