• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 'Attack Of The Herbals' TRAILER

Congrats on getting your film made. I think pol may be referring to something I noticed, which was a lot of inconsistent color grading, and a lot of grades that look like magic bullet presets.

Best of luck :)

Indeed the grading is inconsistent, it feels like a selection of clips from different films with the sound off. But that said, everything else is spot on. Congrats!

sorry guys dont agree, I find it hard to take knocks on the grading considering you guys are watching it on a computer monitor. Ive worked in the industry for ten years and have never heard of anyone bring up grading unless they are watching it on a broadcast screen.

'magic bullet presets' Never heard of it!

the movie has past every broadcast test including sound, the only thing it failed was the compression issuie with the Canon 5d, which has since been passed by the BBC, the last broadcast company to accept this format in the UK.

Not bad man. Looks entertaining. I see what they're saying about the color grading, some shots back to back don't match. In a feature scenes can have different looks, but in a trailer that has clips from scenes throughout they generally need to be graded again for the trailer look.

Cinematography and production design looks great though. Somme interesting characters too. Well done.

Haha! It's very hard to imagine this guy has worked 'in the industry for 10 years'. I actually really liked the trailer, but this morning a received this private message... entitled 'BULLSHIT!!!!'

AvidDave said:
Sorry Nathan but I feel your comments about grading are bullshit, your profile says your choice of format is Mini DV, anybody that has worked in the industry knows that Mini DV is not a format you can even start to grade.

Not being nasty, but worked with all formats, from video to film and find hard pill to swallow when I know 90% of this forum dont know what grading is.

I might go down as a bad bastard for saying shit like this, but this the reason pro filmmakers will never come on these websites.

Rant over,

still advise indi film makers to use the Canon 5d, fooled so many indusrty people with the results lol

What a pathetic message, it's called CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, lap it up and take it. This is the internet.

Honestly, you sound like a damn idiot. We all know what a 5d is.

Lol, not agood idea to drink vodka and look at criticisam on these kind of forums. I very pround of the fact I managed to even write that private message, maybe more so than my film.

Will stick some clips up later this month for you guys to have a look at.:yes:

Fun stuff. Fun idea. It looks solid as well.

I wouldn't put the nazi bit in there...that seems like something you shouldn't know until that part of the movie.

The trailer is what Ive been sending to distributers, so I decided to try and show them as much as I could. The trailer was never intended for online veiwing as we used copyright music, but a friend cut it for me and wanted to show his workmates and friends.

Looks like it could be fun. I agree with M1cha1 about keeping the Nazi angle under wraps.

Boy, that 5D really takes some slick pictures. Good luck with distro and all.

Back