Atom films and Ifilm

Does anybody have any experience with either ifilm or atom films? I've got a short that I did this month, and just don't have the desire to send it to the festivals. So I was thinking ifilm or atom films or underground films, but other than them hosting the film, what do I get out of it??

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Chris

My experience with ifilm thus far is quite sub-par. They've got my name linked with someone elses entry for the yellowcard video contest.. but other people seem to be happy with them.. I'm guessing it was a rush job someone did and just screwed up the links as some people don't even have anything linked to their names.

Also I imagine it would be different if it was for something other than a contest. I doubt that helps you much, but ... grrr. :D

Thanks Will...I'll only vote for you if you vote for me on the Subaru contest!! :)

Just kidding...I just voted for you. Even if that isn't yours!

Anyway the Subaru contest hasn't even put mine up yet and the voting ends the 31st.

Chris

P.S. Also, what do the online sites do for you? I understand the contests, but is there any benefit to having a short on these sites?

Last edited:
Ifilm.com used to be a great site, but around 3 years ago, it became a "kill or be killed' atmosphere with the Dot Com stock disasters and they turned into a giant banner ad and they charge filmmakers $150 to host each movie for 3 months... it's kinda nasty. They don't respond to questions (the filmmaker question email address rejects) and the payoff just isn't there anymore.

Atomfilms is better, but not by much. They aren't as advertsiement laden and still focus on shorts & animation, but they are very very selective & it's fairly difficult to get a movie on their site as they want exclusivity and additional rights.

Back