• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Artistic Inspiration, Location Filming and Editing with multiple audio-visual sources

Artistic Inspiration, Location Filming and Editing with multiple audio-visual sources

The following maybe of some small motivation to independent filmmakers. This is because it shows you how smooth cuts can be in LINUX free open-source Sound and Video editing software.

The two minute 'location advice' is followed by director's comments on shooting a scene from multiple audio-visual sources (i.e. cameras, mics and sound recorders)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcjBASGbFK0

I am convinced independent filmmakers can make almost zero-budget quality movies & documentaries with the open source software available today. Add a cheap standard definition camcorder like the Canon FS200 or a Kodak Zi8 for High definition, a tripod or two (or three) for £11-25....sorry going off the point.

Please go check out the vid above and see what i mean by smooth angle transitions and seamless cuts.

Yes many problems, but also has several things right about it. My talking through some of the problems has some filmmaking use to it. Also some of the problems are subjective.

Filmmaking, whether movies or documentaries do not need perfect pictures, its a bit like like painting in art being more than photographic realism. e.g. we have impressionism, expressionism etc.

However, to know whether a film has hit its mark, we need to know the objectives and style of the director, cinematographer, filmmaker. Before I went to shoot, I had other objectives in mind. But after a few basic mistakes, I am pleased with productivity from a partially flawed shoot. In independent filmmaking you need to be economical with your time, if you can utilize poorer quality footage for some objectives, then it can help you and others much in the long run.

Anyway, thanks for all constructive criticism.

Back