Artist vs. Executive

What's the difference between an Artist and a creative Executive?

On seeing a great and popular work, the Artist says, "That was great. I must strive to make a work equally great, but completely different."

The Executive says, "That was great. I must strive to make a work equally great, and exactly the same."

http://rsmellette.blogspot.com/

I disagree with the way that you have defined the creative Executive...there is nothing creative about that kind of person. Most executives that think like that would be the "Micheal Bay" type that are just looking for the next franchise to squeeze money out of it. they are just Business Executives.

A more general way to defined an Artist and Creative Executive, IMO, would be:

an Artist aligns themselves with a project. More or less not paying attention to anything else but the Voice, Intention, and Meaning of the creative work.

A creative executive, of course is concentrated on the business side of the project. They align themselves with a project that concentrates on the voice of the viewers and ticket go-ers.

The means nothing about being more or less creative than the next person. I would assume both of these are interested in find something similar but different.

Here's the best part of the blog:

"Regular readers will be glad to know the "Good Logo = Bad Movie" rule is still in effect. I don't know if anyone has ever noticed, but most production companies with studio distribution deals didn't start with an expensive, grandiose opening logo. They put their energy into making good films. The big logo comes after your work has earned more money than you know what to do with. When I see a fancy opening announce the production company I think, "that's time, money, and effort that could have gone into another day of shooting or writing, paying a cast and crew." And every single time, the quality of the movie proves me right."

BINGO!!!!!!

Back