• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Are you ready for the Madness?

Whether you’re an aspiring filmmaker or a veteran screenwriter, NYC Midnight Movie Making Madness gives you a chance to test your skills on a level playing field and compete for some great cash prizes and exposure.

3rd ANNUAL SHORT FILM COMPETITION
Our 3rd annual short film competition challenges filmmakers to create two short movies from scratch under extreme time constraints. The 1st round movie must be completed in two weeks from wherever you live. Finalists chosen from the 1st Round receive $1,000 cash and a chance to compete for the grand prize of $10,000 in NYC by writing, shooting and editing a short movie from scratch in 24 hours, from midnight to midnight!

With hundreds of teams expected to compete from over ten countries, 2004 will be the most competitive year so far! $34,000 in cash prizes | Early Entry Deadline – 7/2/04 | Late Entry Deadline – 7/29/04. For more information, check out http://www.nycmidnight.com

SCREENPLAY COMPETITION
All new in 2004! Why should the filmmakers have all the fun? The competition challenges writers to create two short screenplays from scratch under extreme time constraints. The 1st round screenplay must be completed within one week from wherever you live. Finalists chosen from the 1st Round receive $100 cash and a chance to compete for the grand prize of $1,500 by writing a short screenplay from scratch in 24 hours, from midnight to midnight! Compete against screenwriters from around the world. Over $2,500 in cash prizes | Early Entry Deadline - 6/25/04 | Late Entry Deadline- 7/9/04. For more information, check out http://www.nycmidnight.com

SCREENINGS & INFORMATION SESSIONS
We're coming to a city near you...
http://www.nycmidnight.com/2004/ENTER/events/2004 Schedule of Events.htm

Not to be lame, but why would anyone wish to compete in the world of the ARTS? Who makes art for the sake of competition? And how does one measure one work against another? This type thing always has bothered me, be it a poetry contest, a songwriting contest or whatever. Who do you have to know to win one of these monetary prizes? If I got an unkle or an associate on the judges panel, can I win?

I leave my competitive spirit in the market place, where it belong. That's all the competition my artistic endeavor can stomach. Just a thought. Why corrupt the arts with the spirit of competition. I have enough working against me, without competing against my peers. :x

SoundonScene - this is not a discussion, it's a classified ad. Please respect it. Thanks

soundonscene said:
Not to be lame, but why would anyone wish to compete in the world of the ARTS? Who makes art for the sake of competition? And how does one measure one work against another? This type thing always has bothered me, be it a poetry contest, a songwriting contest or whatever. Who do you have to know to win one of these monetary prizes? If I got an unkle or an associate on the judges panel, can I win?

I leave my competitive spirit in the market place, where it belong. That's all the competition my artistic endeavor can stomach. Just a thought. Why corrupt the arts with the spirit of competition. I have enough working against me, without competing against my peers. :x

So...do you think all film festivals should be destroyed? Filmmaking is an art too. The spirit of competition is what drives the human race.

Back