• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Are there any foley artists willing to work for free around here?

Hey gang,

A Foley artist offered to work for me a few weeks ago on a short I'm nearing completion on. However, I have been less than satisfied with his contact, and am dubious as to whether or not he's actually going to do what he promised. I need to complete the short in the next week or so, so if there is anyone around here who is a Foley artist, or at least has some experience and better recording equipment than myself (an iPhone + iPhone headphones...) then I would greatly appreciate some help. I'm doing what I can with adobe sound library and creating my own sound effects, but they're mostly coming off a bit sub-par (i'm also trying to juggle editing and uni assignments). I'm getting pretty nervous as our deadline looms, so if there is anyone around, that'd be great...

Cheers

Edit, sorry for missing the capital F in Foley in the title.

Create a queue list of all the sfx you need to record.
Maybe not everything needs to be a new recording. Perhaps library sounds will work for some things..

A few sounds of your own recording mixed in with library sounds can take you a long way with out a lot of expense.

free sounds can be had from freesound.org

sounddogs.com has good stuff that can work when you cant find a free option.

Back