• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch April Fools (A Guide To The Holidays)

Good editing.

I had a rough time understanding the dialogue, however. It sounded like a camera mic was used. Is that all you've got?

A DSLR mic in port would definitely be better but from my understanding it is not good enough to be professional.

So you will have to invest in an external recorder, mic and various other thingamajigs.

ROC will give you the details.

:lol:

Last edited:
A DSLR mic in port would definitely be better but from my understanding it is not good enough to be professional.

So you will have to invest in an external recorder, mic and various other thingamajigs.

ROC will give you details.

:lol:

Ok thanks.. The only downside to an external recorder is having to sync the sound in the post.. is that right?

Ok thanks.. The only downside to an external recorder is having to sync the sound in the post.. is that right?

That is correct. You can sync by using a clapper board.

Im not an audio guy, i was just kidding with ROC in the last post. But what i said is true to the best of my knowledge. Our resident audio experts will help you out further, im sure.

Meanwhile, use the search function and go through older threads. I know this has been discussed before so you might find some useful information there.

:)

lol Ernest.

It's a slight downside and a bit more work for you in post production but it's a good tradeoff for your audience to be able to understand your dialogue.

I suggest checking out other threads - there are countless questions of "How do I get good sound?" "What's the best mic for me?" "How do I record sound?" here on the site and Alcove Audio is the man to speak to. He's already answered your questions 10-fold.

Once you've done a bit of research and got an idea on what it will take, drop back any questions you want and we'll be happy to answer them for you. I just want you to read around first and see if your question has already been answered :)

Last edited:
Back