Anyone use Dropbox? Seems awesome (and free)

I did a search and didn't see any mentions of Dropbox, a new data-syncing cloud service. You can sign up for free and have 2 GB storage (or get 50GB and 100GB for $10/20 per month respectively).

Anyway, I've been playing with it and already love it. I synced a folder on my netbook and I can load any stuff I put in there on my iPod or any other computer. Fastest and smoothest data syncing I've seen yet.

If you're interested in trying:

Dropbox.com

(Full Disclosure: that is a referral link, but all that does is give both of us an extra 250 MB of space. Double bonus!)

You can do all sorts of things with this. Imagine having fresh script edits appear on 10 different people's computers simultaneously! You can do that with shared/public folders.

Play with it and tell me if you think it's as awesome as I do.

Some customers use this to share their files and to be honest: I always wonder what I´ve done to them that they make me download their stuff with 50 to 100 kb/s.

Guess they have free accounts or at least I hope they don´t pay money for transfer rates this low.

Some customers use this to share their files and to be honest: I always wonder what I´ve done to them that they make me download their stuff with 50 to 100 kb/s.

Guess they have free accounts or at least I hope they don´t pay money for transfer rates this low.

My transfer rates are usually around 700-800kbps, which isn't too bad. I don't use it for bigger files though, nothing over a few hundred mb usually.

It's great if you want to be able to update files that a bunch of people see or backup files to another computer when you are out.

Back