• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Anyone need a story?

Hey long time. So I have this idea. And I started writing it. I got to page 20 and got bored with it cause I didn't know where to go with it. Now since I probably wont finish it I would like to share the idea with you. I would like to share the 20 pages but I am not pro member on here so I cant.

Idea/Story.

Okay about a cop who kills a running suspect and gets suspended for it. His partner on the other hand is a younger guy that really doesn't take being a cop all to serious. Oh yea and the suspect that got killed was his brother. But his partner doesn't know that, yet. So Mark, the cop who shot the suspect, meets this guy in a bar, and offers Mark a job. A job that requires stealing money. Finally at the end his partner Shawn, comes out of nowhere and shoots the entire team of guys, expect Mark. What Mark doesn't know is that they were Shawn's men, and that they did this to get back at Mark for shooting Shawn's brother.

If you read the 20 pages you would get the idea of where I wanted to go with it. But I am stuck on it, and thought maybe someone could use it. I want to think of it as a Ocean Eleven, but with a Payback type of feel.

Not for me personally, cops and robbers isn't really my forte. And to be honest, the fact that you got 'bored' with your own story doesn't really inspire me to want to read.

I got to page 20 and got bored with it cause I didn't know where to go with it.
Finally at the end his partner Shawn, comes out of nowhere and shoots the entire team of guys, expect Mark.
If you read the 20 pages you would get the idea of where I wanted to go with it

Sounds to me like you do know where you want to go with it. Why not step away from it/do a bit more brainstorming and then see if you can't get it finished?
Most people who are after a story are more likely to want to read a finished one then just a first act.

Good luck! :)

Back